Tuesday 15 May 2012

Mobile Features & Limitations

I will be looking at mobile devices and how they have adapted the technologies to play games and support gaming applications, such devices I will be looking at include, PDA (Personal Data Assistant), Mobile Phones, GSM & 3G connectivity. All these have helped with the growing advancement of making games possible on a mobile device as small as these. Mobile phones are the fastest growing device to support games, with the addition of games since early models with very basic games like snake which showcases a pixel line moving across a green/black screen to collect items. 

Since then mobile phones now hold the hardware most modern day computers do, meaning games can be made more powerful and graphically advanced along with applications & videos. All these can now be flawlessly played and enjoyed on a phone without the hassle of needing such technical systems such as a gaming computer or console. I will be exploring each of these mobile technologies and looking at how they have helped with the advancements for mobile gaming.

What I will be looking at?
  • Mobile Phones
  • Personal Data Assistants
  • GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications)
  • 3G (3rd generation mobile telecommunications)


Features & Limitations (Click Link):

Firstly I will be looking at the features and limitations of Mobile Phones:

Secondly I will be looking at the features and limitations of PDA's:

Thirdly I will be looking at the features and limitations of GSM:

Fourthly I will be looking at the features and limitations of 3G: